Thursday, July 3, 2014

Post 19: Return from a Very Very Long break

    It seems incredible just how fast time has flown since my last post… I have been kept quite busy by the preparation of "Light Dreams", that show I organized for the Concert Hall of the University. I documented the process in another Blog:                                      http://luxsomnia2014.blogspot.com
     That took place in May, and after a month long trip to Europe, I only now just got around to re reading the first chapters of my book in French. When I opened the blog this morning for the first time in nine months(!), I was afraid to be disappointed by what I wrote then, but I am actually rather pleased, and that gives me some motivation to continue this tale.
   After all, I don't know all the details, and it will take a great deal of research to figure them out, but I know pretty much where I am going with the story.
   The point of the choice of language solved itself: I am definitely more at ease writing in French, the story takes place on French soil, and mostly, I find the French language richer in interesting words and colloquialisms. 
   As far as writing a parallel Screenplay, I suppose I will see about that later. It seems a sufficient undertaking for the moment to finish the story in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment