Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Post 13: Experimental Publishing Options

    I was talking about this project to my writer friend Carolyn last week, and she told me how interested she was getting in books for young adults, and felt that a lot of good work was being done in that niche market. That brought to my mind the question of the way these particular books were presented, whether it was in traditional paper book form, or whether anybody had experimented with pushing electronic publishing further with the addition to the written word of imagery, video, music, narration, links, animation, all those things being now possible on the Internet.
   Whether it has been done or not, this is a direction I would like to investigate further, and not necessarily for young adults...
   I already researched images of gliders of the 1930's:



 images of STUKAS(diving Junkers):




 and images of "L'Exode" of June 1940:



 just for myself, but what about using them as part of a new kind of interactive electronic book? 
     Sound of a  Junker 87 diving with it's siren on.

No comments:

Post a Comment